Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day in Santa Monica


A very long day, and they're only going to get longer. Started out by getting up at 0430am this morning. Pat drove me to the meeting place where I and 4 other runners met to start the trip to Santa Monica to pick up the RV's used for this event. We arrived at the RV location in Sun City California at about 10:30. It took about 1 hour to get all the paperwork completed before we took possession of 7 brand new RV's. It took all four of us, along with 4 additional RV employee's to get all the vehicles to the hotel. These things are very nice with all the bells and whistles! I can't believe how fortunate we are to have these RV's to sleep in between runs. The owner of "Jayco", a very large RV manufacturer, donated these motorhomes specifically for our use during the event! After we arrived at the hotel with all the RV's and the two (11) passenger vans, a couple of us drove over to LAX to pick up the entire Aussie group and bring them back to the hotel. Their luggage filled the motorhome I was driving and the rest of the Aussie's barely fit in the two 11 passenger vans. We had our first full team get together/meet and greet at the hotel and I finally ate dinner with the Melia family around 10:00pm. Time for bed!

Rob with his goodies
Assie runners in town
                                                                First TOD team meet & greet

3 comments:

  1. I love you, I love you, I love you. I will see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob & John,

    Maybe we can get a TVH RV - would that be sweet to replace the family van!!! See you soon:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story about the helmet! Best of luck on your mssion!

    ReplyDelete