Monday, September 20, 2010

I guess we're in Kansas

by Pat

I was in the end of my second hour driving when I had to pull over to adjust the mirrors.  It was noon, Rob was up so we decided to take our lunch break.  Rob had asked me if we were in Kansas yet...I said," I don't know...you told me to go 81 South and that's what I have been looking for.  I told him I saw a sign that said Minnesota but I ignored it..."
Rob was making his peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he thought he heard a knock.  I looked out the window and I did not see anybody.  Then there was another knock.  There was a state trooper at the passenger window.  Rob opened the door and asked him to come in.  Rob was getting his patch, pin and chip when he asked for ID.  At that time Rob said just to let you know I have a gun in here.  The officer asked, "  Is it bigger than mine?"  They were doing small talk when I looked at his arm patch.  So I told Rob, "He is a Kansas State Trooper, so I guess we're in Kansas..."
We are headed south and backtracking a bit to Tulsa Oklahoma to visit Ray.  We should be arriving around 4pm.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Rob & Pat,

    Great pictures - even with the scruff:):):) Glad you are stopping to enjoy the sites. Be careful coming home!!! When is you arrival time into Las Vegas? See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Rob, I guess the cops in Kansas are funnier than the ones in Vegas?
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete